Forms of hosting services
A hosting service implies stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server run by a web hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a look at them. In that way, you can choose what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to build a web site, email address accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given companies, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally false interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different webspace hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given providers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share a huge number of images with buddies or partners since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mails. Some firms offer hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you wish to launch an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to have as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to have a website. To a certain extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse compared with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific content exclusively.